Hi everyone, welcome to the annual BEST OF THE BEST...
Hi everyone, welcome to the annual BEST OF THE BEST here at Aeropapers, where I highlight some of my best reads of the year. 2013 is well, a rollercoaster ride for me so are the books I read. I think they deserved recognition. Right? Right! So here are the best of best reads in 2013:
The premise, the ambiguity, the uniqueness, the sheer level of awesomeness this book has is just amazing. Well deserved!
- Next in Line (Best Sequel) • Unbreakable (Unraveling #2) by Elizabeth Norris
I wasn’t a big fan of Unraveling but this book has different and whole new game that took me by surprise. Gah, action-packed that surged me into an adrenaline rush.
- Eye Candy (Best Book Cover!) • These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
I’m still not tired of girls in pretty dressy, though I’m not in love with the book but the cover is undeniably gorgeous.
- Shipper’s Award (Best Couple): Juliette Ferrars & Aaron Warner • Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi
Chapter 62, enough said!
- Indie-mand (Best Self-Published Novel) • Tangled (Tangled, #1) by Emma Chase
Although this now under a major publishing wings, I still read it as self-pub and didn’t regret it. Two words, Drew. Evans.
- Cool Make-Over (Best Retelling Book) • The Madman’s Daughter (The Madman’s Daughter #1) by Megan Shepherd (nspired by H. G. Wells’s The Island of Dr. Moreau)
I liked the sequel so much better but this book has so much merits that I need to highlight. It’s deserved the spotlight.
This novel almost made me cry. The agony of the two main leads is heart wrenching for me. I don’t know but I understand them. I understand their pains.
- Awesome Throwback (Best Historical/Fantasy Novel) • Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J. Maas
Because my ship sailing and then the many secrets. The some action and everything else *read it with melody* La~ La la~
- 3013 Award (Best Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic Book) • The Uprising (The Forsaken #2) by Lisa M. Stasse
It extraordinarily bested the prequel. I’m so excited and anxious to read the finale!
- Trailblazers (Best Book Hero + Heroine): Shipper’s Award (Best Couple): Juliette Ferrars & Aaron Warner • Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi
Because they rock and I love them. 😛
Of course, I loved this novel so freaking much. One of my favorite series of all-time. I can’t wait for Ignite Me (isn’t it obvious with the countdown, special feature and all).
* * * * *
So that’s it. What a great year this is. I know 2014 will be awesome. I already eyeing a lot of novel on the horizon besides the sequels and finales that I’m anticipating. I also beat my previous record of 188 books last year. As of now I read 261 books this year. Hehe, I’m planning to add more before the year ends. I love to read what can I say.
What about you, what are your favorite reads this year. Don’t hesitate to share it me. :silly: :chup: