By the time I re-acquired the motivation to blog the month’s only has a week left! So I’ve decided to just not push through the schedule and do it on a later date. Yes, not next month but on a later date! I have new plans for this blog but I will explain it later so yeah, that’s the reason why I was completely MIA for the entire month of April sans this wrap-up; this is something I always write consistently as promised!
Life wise, well…it was the reason why I wasn’t in the mood to blog. The pandemic situation here is pretty much stressful 😑 (to describe it subtlety) with cases ranging from 5k to almost 10K everyday (peaking at 15k+ in a single day few weeks ago) And then we received another sad news from relatives; my mom was devastated when they told her. Sometimes she cries whenever she remembers. It feels awful to be this helpless. So as you can see, I wasn’t in best place to do some blogging so it was quick decision on my part to make unannounced hiatus.
Blogging in April: How do I describe something that has not happened? I’ll probs gonna be in hiatus the next month or two, too!
Okie, back to the blog plans! There’s gonna be some reorganization happening here. No, it’s not domain change. I’ve already taken care of that & it’s good until next year (I just renewed it last month). And also no, it isn’t subject or topic change. What I’m doing right now is what I really want for my blog. I just want to implement something fresh; my answer to not-in-the-mood-to-blog days. I plan to start the changes as soon as possible so with that I’m probs not gonna blog (????) again next month. You might find it under maintenance again but I’m excited y’all~ the blog remained stagnant since 2017 (after that much needed rebrand) but this one’s just my way of keeping it updated still! I’m so pump! I’m overflowing with ideas!!!
Reading in April: There’s no month I don’t read, I defo running out of ideas how to name this section lmao!
Nothing has changed when it comes to reading! It was as intense as last month was! But can you really blame me when I want to escape reality? I also minimize my SNS time; doom-scrolling is real y’all, my mental health is struggling; so I tried to shorten my time and did some productive things instead—and one of then is yes, reading! There are so many new webtoon series popping up recently and it makes me a happy reader to know that! I have some ’em bookmarked for later! What I love about webtoon series debut is that they mass release episodes! So aaah, I have new fave yet again!
- Today I Live With You | 너와 사는 오늘 – not sure what about this that keeps me going despite not liking the characters that much. Is it the love triangle? the art style? I’m not so sure.
- Beware of the Red Thread | 붉은 실을 조심하세요 – expectations were so low but amazingly I enjoyed it. It’s a great spin to that red thread that’s popular among East Asian stories.
- I Raised the Son of a Murderer | 살인귀의 아이를 낳았다 – I know another secret baby story, what can I say, I love those! But I’m not the biggest fan of the art and the story was just pretty ok-ish!
- I’ll Be the Matriarch in This Life | 이번 생은 가주가 되겠습니다 – my favorite of the month! Another regression kind of story but I love the characters!! The female protagonist is so spunky, I dig smart heroine!
- I’m Only a Stepmother, but My Daughter Is Just so Cute! | 계모인데 딸이 너무 귀여워 – another cutie story! Imagine if Cinderella’s stepmother is super doting to her step -daughter! Yes! that kind of cute! I blitzzed all the available chapters in a flash! It’s that good~!
- Love Lies | 거짓말쟁이 연인 – didn’t expect so much! Fake dating (the hottest Korean celeb) that turns real kind of cliche but I’m so impressed how their relationship developed. She’s so genuine, no wonder the guy fall for him for real!
- Rebirth of the Butterfly Girl | 나비인간 – I’m on the fence with this one. I liked it enough to continue but not enough to connect with the characters!
- The Fake Princess’ OP Bunny | 가짜 공녀님의 만렙 토끼 – step aside wolves, we have a duke that turns into fluffy bunny! It wasn’t that remarkable but it was interesting enough for me to check from time to time.
- The Man’s Games | 그 남자의 계략 – so good~ Even though personally the art’s not that stellar (sorry 💦) the story makes up for it! Imagine giving her love letter to the wrong guy but instead of an embarrassing situation bcoz of this mistake, he asked her out and it turned out he has been harboring feelings for so long!
- The Newlywed Life of a Witch and a Dragon | 마녀와 용의 신혼일기 – I really, really want to love this but I always slipped in and out! My attention wasn’t completely in it but strangely I am determine to catch up!
- The Way That Knight Lives as a Lady | 그 기사가 레이디로 사는 법 – super love this too! A female knight was betrayed and killed by her comrade that she treated as a friend. But in some kind of miracle she returned to life via a noble lady of the enemy kingdom! Yeah! So interesting!
- What Are We | 어떤 사이 – I dig this kind of stories: subtle but with enough plot points that keeps me going on! She wants to leave so she agreed to look out for him, while the guy thought she started to open up! Drama-llama yessery!
- Wife After Love | 아내가 돌아왔다 – second chance in love; divorcee but they met again, sparks were still there but there was so much unresolved issues that gets in the way!
- Yeon Woo’s Innocence | 연우의 순정 – cutie guy fall for this cool girl! She was everything he was not but those qualities that piqued his interest and now he was totally crushing on her! Such fluff~
Life in April: No more going out not even short errands! Gotta do what we have to do remain safe ! Stay at home for real!
- We completely stop going out! Even grocery errands are no-go anymore. We’ve decided to do everything online; so all we need, including groceries, we have them delivered to our house. My sister & I decided that it’ll be better this way. This is temporary until we get vaccinated or the cases goes down significantly. We have two elderly: my mom and grandma (she’s 92) & we don’t wanna risk them especially our cases still high. So yeah, it’s a hassle, more expensive but this is safer than leaving the house.
- I kinda? finished working on my portfolio revamp! Super happy with the result! I still wanna tweak some bits and pieces and there. I have yet to upload my new commission sheet (still needs some editing)! But just in case you think your blog needs some ✨bibbidi-bobbidi-boo✨ I’m your girl! Next on my pro work list is re-opening my redbubble store! Aye! So many plans ahead!
- Second lockdown birthdays for my nephew & youngest sis! We didn’t see my nephew because of the lockdown so we opted to have our mini celebration of our own. And then my youngest sister again celebrated her birthday in another lockdown/quarantine edition. I miss our family dinner outside! I miss the normal days.
- I jazzed up my notion account again! I’m obsessed! From 4 pages, I currently have 20 and counting now! At first I wanna do those “aesthetic” kind of setup but nah, that ain’t my style! My chaotic energy drove me to productivity! I can’t wait to share you my very messy setup (but I still dearly adore because it reflects my organization skills lol) in the coming days (but not so soon ‘coz you know ~blog plans~)
- New season so that means new anime! Like I mentioned I didn’t have high expectations for spring line-up but surprisingly the series that I had set the bar low were the ones that piqued my interest! Totally digging Mashiro no Oto and KoiKimo! I dropped Shaman King because the animation was pretty meh and maybe I have outgrown this series now. I just want Furuba to end and as for BokuAca, yeah not my fave arcs so just chill (I miss JJK!) Tokyo Revengers is an odd one, I like it enough but I don’t really, but let still see how it goes!
Hoping and Praying for May: Just healthy and safe! I pray for everyone who’s in need of something! Hold on to your faith!
- Wow, it’s already May again! Last year as well as this year feel so stretch out! 2019 felt like eons ago. Sometimes I keep on looking on past photos and I missed my family’s pre-pandemic days! I miss going out without any reason. But there’s so little I can do right now. I do feel grateful for the privileges that afford me & my family to stay safe at home but it breaks my heart that not all have that. I pray for things to calm down not only here but everywhere in the world.
- I’m gonna be busy working on the ✨changes✨ for this blog! So the idea of updating without total commitment has been playing in my mind for months now so I ~think~ I’m in the right headspace to make this experiment. It’s gonna be messy at first, I can tell, but it’s time to make some slight changes with the way I blog! So yeah, I hope I’ll get to execute it well.
- I wanna do some designs for my new redbubble store. It didn’t really fly before but I would love some passive kind of business. Commission work is a commitment so I want something more flexible!
- Well, I pray for May to be better. It’s truly heartbreaking to see people, not only in my country, but in all corners of the world ill and suffering. We all want this pandemic to end. God, have mercy on us and help us all the people in need.