Yes, a nod to Taylor’s new song. Evidently I still like her despite the ‘old Taylor’ being dead. But I hope her album isn’t exclusively like her first single. Anyhoo, time to wrap-up the month. So August… if I were to sum it up in one word I guess ‘crazy’ would fit the bill. Not that anything super crazy happened but there was mixed of ‘oh my gosh this is awesome’ to ‘life isn’t treating me right!’ Yeah, how dramatic!
Blogging in August: in which things were fully prepared and I just check my blog from time to time.
So it was successful month blogging wise—not that I was actively blogging because I already prepared everything the month prior so I was sailing smoothly~ For September same game plan was applied! I written, drafted and scheduled everything—yes, everything. In fact I was super motivated that I already scheduled posts til November! Now that’s scheduling at its best!
A rundown of this month’s blog topics: I have decided to add some personal posts in my new blog, as first salvo, I wrote that I already 1. quit the fanlisting bizz! Then I shared my 2. top 10 unfinished manga series! Yes, too many popular series in that list. #sorry I talked about my 3. privacy as blogger and why it so much matters to me. I want everything I deemed too personal under the wraps. I also discussed nother reader’s topic, I admitted that 4. I’m not a critical reader. Never was even back when I was book reviewer. And I also discussed the 5. label otaku—and I don’t mind being called one. And finally I confessed that things went through my head whenever 6. I geared my blog to a new direction. It wasn’t easy for sure.
August: Another night, another day. What can I say? I’m still the same old brand new me!
- (What’s with all the song references? I just couldn’t come up with witty titles so that’s why!)
- OK, my sister really wants the ‘Japan’ dream trip to happen. But I’m super short in cash (I need it because of VISA papers). So I need to hustle long and hard! So guys if you know anyone who needs some blog makeover then I’m your girl! I really, really want it to happen this year!
- I decided to put my regular features anime impression/wrap-up and what’s on my reading list on hiatus. I’m just gonna share you all my reads in my monthly wrap-up starting this month. I find it a bit exhausting formatting the post and honestly lost all the sparks on writing them so here we go.
- For June and July, I read so little it’s not really worth doing it. But August? Yeah, I slayed! I did Urban Fantasy/Vampire series marathon like Black Bird (ブラックバード), Lost in London (로스트 인 런던), Midnight Secretary (ミッドナイト・セクレタリ), Vampire Knight (ヴァンパイアナイト) and Mitsu Aji Blood (蜜味ブラッド)! I also reread Life so Love (ラブ ソー ライフ) (cos I was catching up with Life so Happy (ラブ ソーハッピー) and Hana Yori Dango (花より男子)! *coughs* anyways, my August List reads are as follows: (Yeah, I know I love reading manga way too much)
1. *Asahi-senpai no Okiniiri (あさひ先輩のお気にいり) – fluff manga with super cute leads. Nothing much!
2. *Houkago, Koishita (放課後、恋した。) – last, last month I think? But if Haikyuu is a shoujo manga then this is it!
3. 31 Ai Dream (31☆アイドリーム) – my first Arina Tenemura manga series—not bad!
4. Basara (バサラ) – I liked Asagi, the blue king better! I kinda like the idea of star-cross lovers between Shuri and Sarasa but meh, they didn’t have any sparks!
5. Black Clover (ブラッククローバー) – oooh~ readying myself for the anime coming this October! I caught up to the latest chapter, I’m all prepared!
6. Boku to Kimi to Niji ni Naru (僕と君とで 虹になる) – nice shoujo manga, nothing comes to mind that I find special with it.
7. Keppeki Danshi Aoyama-Kun (潔癖男子！青山くん) – I love the anime so I was curious enough to read the first volume of the manga!
8. Peach Girl (ピーチガール) – I remember watching the anime long, long ago (college days I guess) but haven’t read the manga (reread idk) so I read it & well, meh!
9. Vampire Knight Memories (ヴァンパイア騎士 Memories) – because I re-read the Vampire Knight series so I ended up reading the sequel as well!
10. *Yuusha-sama ni Ikinari Kyuukonsareta no Desu ga (勇者様にいきなり求婚されたのですが) – I loved this! Super funny!
September: Maybe I’ll try to be super nonchalant about it but I will still work my ass off!!! Double it if I can!
- Well, I hope my situation improves this September. I’ve realized that BER months is already here and I have yet work on my goals super seriously. I hated how relaxed I am sometimes. And procrastination! Why am I good at this! It’s wrong!
- There’s anime con happening next month (and the annual MIBF but you know that I don’t attend that event anymore (first experience wasn’t memorable anyways) and it’ll have a concert and meet & greet event for *drumroll* SPYAIR! I want to go but tickets are sold out…so I’m just sobbing my way to sleep!
- I was so looking forward to V Route, Cheritz! But it was postponed so yeah, it needs to happen this September or else…I really hope I won’t play as Rika because nope, never will I subject myself to that!
- September blogs posts are done because I think that I accomplished a lot more if I dedicated an exclusive time to blogging rather drafting them individually. This method proves to be efficient so I have no complaints.