Hi everyone! I’m so happy to be part of the book blitz for Out from Under You by Sophie Swift. I hope you check her book out, it really sounds interesting especially if you are like me who is very much into exciting New Adult novels.
About the Book:
Out from Under You (Smart Girls Finish First #1) by Sophie Swift
Publication Date: July 31st 2013
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
External Links: Amazon • Amazon UK • Barnes & Noble • Smashwords • Goodreads
“Love is an earthquake. It comes when you least expect it. It rips the ground clear away. Right out from under you.”
The day Lia Smart met Grayson Walker, eight years ago, was the day she fell helplessly in love with him. Coincidentally, it was the same day Grayson fell in love with someone else: Lia’s smarter, sexier, superior-in-every-way older sister, Alex.
Now, nearly a decade later, Alex and Grayson are long over and twenty-two-year-old Lia has finally managed to forget all those lonely nights she spent pining after her sister’s boyfriend. But when Grayson unexpectedly arrives back in town with Alex for Labor Day weekend and the two announce that they’re not only back together but engaged, all the feelings that Lia buried suddenly come bubbling back to the surface.
But Lia is no longer the awkward, gangly tomboy she was at fourteen. Far from it. And Grayson is conflicted by the lustful thoughts he’s now having for her. He knows he could never act on those thoughts, however. Grayson has always prided himself on being one of the “good guys.” But as the weekend wears on, he’s finding this new grown-up version of Lia more and more impossible to resist…
Heartbreaking and sexy with a dash of humor, Sophie Swift crafts a passionate, unforgettable tale about desire, growing up, and the kind of love that shakes us to the core.
Contains adult situations and explicit content. Recommended for ages 17+
Interview with Sophie Swift
1. Where did you get the idea for OUT FROM UNDER YOU? I think the idea came from two different fascinations of mine: relationships between sisters, and the complexity of infidelity. My sister and I have always had a complicated relationship, something I wanted to explore in this book. But also I’ve always enjoyed books that blur the line between right and wrong when it comes to infidelity. So I set out to write one of those.
2. Why did you choose to write the book from alternating points of view (Grayson and Lia) and did you find one easier to write than the other? You know, the book didn’t start out that way. Early on in the first draft, it was just Lia’s narrative. But for some reason, Grayson kept bugging me. Like he was in the back of my mind, poking me with a stick, wanting to be heard. So I sat down, started a new document, and wrote a scene from his point of view, just as an experiment. I ended up loving his voice so much, I simply had to find a way to work it into the story. After the decision was made to alternate points of view, I could almost see him smiling smugly, going, “See, I told you!”In terms of who was easier, Lia was definitely more straightforward. Because she’s more like me. But Grayson was definitely the most fun. He surprised me so many times. So I think I looked forward to his voice the most.
3. Which fictional character do you have a secret crush on?Any character played by Liam Hemsworth. God, that man is sexy. I pictured Grayson whenever I was writing his point of view. As a daily little treat to myself. J
4. What scene in the book is your favorite?OH! That would definitely be the schmexy restaurant kitchen scene. That scene was not in my outline. It just kind of popped into my head as I was writing and I had to race to get it down fast enough. I don’t want to give anything away, but let’s just say there are some fairly creative uses for tomatoes that I still need to try out myself. J
5. If you could have dinner with one of your characters who would it be?Um, Grayson! No contest! Not only is he smokin’ hot, he’s also a bit of a food connoisseur, so he would pick the best restaurants ever for our date. And since I know everything there is to know about him (because I’ve been inside his head) I would know all the best ways to seduce him. *Rubs hands together mischievously*
6. What’s up next for you?I’m super excited about tackling book 2 in the Smart Girls Finish First series. Book 2 will be told from Alex’s point of view, Lia’s older sister. She was a really fun character to write as the antagonist in this book so making her the protagonist in the next book will be an entertaining challenge, I think! The rest of the books in the series will all feature young women in the Smart family. And since Alex and Lia’s father has four brothers, all with daughters, there are lots more stories to tell!
About the Author:
Sophie Swift is an east coast girl who recently transplanted to Southern California. She writes about sexy boys by day, and dates them by night. Her sizzling, new adult romance, OUT FROM UNDER YOU, the first in a new contemporary series, will be released in August of 2013. She loves books that quicken her pace, music sung by adolescent boys, and cupcakes with too much frosting. Visit her online at: www.SophieSwift.com
Book Blitz hosted by: Xpresso Book Tours