Like the state of my blogging this month, I’m sort of unmotivated to type my recap (
expect generic photos ‘cos well, I’m l-a-z-y to take pic!) After the numerous activities I did for this month, I just wanna relax & think nothing. So yeah, gotta do it before that short strand of productivity finally snap (I don’t want that, I haven’t slacked writing my recap for years now, I ain’t starting now but damn just combo of tiredness, laziness, uninspired 👀).
So um, January…was…too much? 😔 Seeing the news and all the stuff that happened in the first month of the year, of supposedly the start of the promising (at least for me) new decade, just makes me feel, more or less, down. Diseases, natural disasters, political driven tension between countries, all of it just too much to process. But I’m praying that everything will subside 🙏 and January isn’t an indication of the year ahead.
With the world 🌏 currently unstable with these news coming in, whereas my life in January was too, completely jam-packed! There were milestones to celebrate and vacation that I enjoyed, but I’m saving the short story behind it for later! Let’s do some recap! ✨
Blogging in January: Hard to describe the non-existent blogging times!
- So yeah, I only have one post for the month, which I think was all kind of ironic ‘cos I was all-out gearing for the “new year, new me” vibe in this post but the days just flew & I was so tired/lazy to do something else.
- It added to my laziness was frustration over our internet provider taking its sweet time to fix our internet. Almost a month, guys!! 💢 So yeah, all of it just piled up that totally zapped my energy to blog.
- So I present you my one and only blog post for January: Of the new decade, and new year. Self pep talk to start the year right!
Reading in January: *insert excuses here* tl;dr I didn’t read that much!
Just like my blogging, reading for January was non-existent (sort of re-read new fave instead)! Most of the titles (if not all…I think?) in this list were from December (since I don’t do monthly wrap-up on December). It feels like cheating that I’m listing some when it was from last month, 💦 but oh well, it save me from explaining why list is almost empty!
- 걸어서 30분 | 30 Minutes Walk – a sweet high school romance with sprinkle of astronomy. It’s very cute, very mellow, and very subtle.
- 능력 있는 시녀님 | A Capable Maid – hidden royal posing as maid while we have two monarch leaders looking for her. Oh, and she’s working for one of them! Yes, super intriguing!
- 샬롯에게는 다섯 명의 제자가 있다 | Charlotte Has Five Disciples – MY GOSH I LOVE THIS SERIES!! WHERE DO I NEED TO SIGN UP SO I CAN BE OFFICIALLY MEMBER OF JEFFREY’S FANCLUB?! Magic, humor, and “too dense in love” heroine! This is one is so epic, it’s an instant fave!
- 황제와 여기사 | Emperor and the Female Knight – another fave, if the title isn’t obvious enough, it’s about a woman sent (threw) by her family to become a soldier. Her skills & determination caught the eye of the enemy king and asked her to vow loyalty and be his knight! And the female really look tough! She’s ripped and all!
- 함께 지는 꽃 | Flowers Falling Together – in the same vein as Ao no Flag and Aquaman! Complicated love story between friends that transcends gender & labels!
- 금혼령 조선혼인금지령 | Joseon’s Ban of Marriage – though I wasn’t super in love with this series, I must admit it was funny on some parts. Heartbroken emperor banned marriage & relationships, but our trickster heroine gotta hustle on naivety of people deprived of love because—including the emperor!
- 레이디 베이비 | Lady Baby – another new fave, too! It’s another reincarnation series, where the heroine was reborn with all her memories intact! She swore in this second life that the tragedy that befell on her family will never happen again!
- 날것: 공작가의 하녀로 빙의했습니다 | Sincerely: I Became the Duke’s Maid – super lovely! I always like “Tohru” kind of heroine, where compassion and kindness makes the love interest fall for her! It’s sweet & hopeful! Can’t wait for the second season!
Life in January: We all survived January! There were so much going on & it was so hard to keep up!
- Wow, life was plentiful for this month. 😅 Nights when I got home, I just wanted to sleep! I was on auto-pilot from exhaustion: brushed my teeth & washed my face (no night routine, tired af 💤) and went straight to bed. We traveled back to back, and man, therefore I conclude that I’m not made for Amazing Race kind of travel! Muscle be in pain with all the walking & swimming! 🏊♀️
- Now for the milestone! The day after my sister came, day after day, we have some kind of activity. First, my baby nephew got baptized. They follow Roman Catholic rites & it was my first time to witness baby’s Catholic baptism (I didn’t get to see my niece’s). Though we have different faith, we attended to be there for my baby nephew, bro, and sis-in-law. Two days after this occasion, we flew. Yeah, we barely got time to rest.
- We also head north to take a short beach vacation. 🏖 We were supposed to go to Batangas but Taal erupted canceling our original beach activities. Our itinerary, the resort & hotel were booked a month ahead but there was nothing we can do about it. Sad to see lush life turned gray due to ash! 😔 Praying & hoping the people affected by this calamity will be completely recovered from it. There’s always next time.
- Then the week after, it was my older brother’s wedding! 🤵👰 It was long time coming since they’ve been together for a loooong time. It was simple civil wedding & reception. Finally, they’re now married! Cheers to them! ✨
Looking forward to February! All I want is some chill and relaxing month! I wanna sip my foamy milktea in peace!
- I think I’m not the only one who is praying & hoping for super chill February! I’m so overwhelmed with all the things that went down this month, my life and world. And even with that, the month still felt longer. Ah, what wicked perception of time. But yeah, Feb be good to us please! 🙏
- So February means the lurve month! ❤ Yeah, I have some post to be made, though I lined up the possible posts but I have yet to finalize. So yeah, gotta work!
- I might change my journal and choose a planner instead. 📓 I bought a blank journal coz I imagined filling up the pages but the un-creative & moody self just won’t. So yeah, I adamant of switching from my usual & very meticulous journal scrapbook style to normal & laid back fill up the pages planner. I better change before I quit midway (after two years, it ain’t happening self!) OTL 💦
- And yeah, I barely done anything in my resolutions.😗 But yeah, life was hectic! Let me start it right in February then!! Let’s do some do-over!