I have too many words to say yet I’ve been struggling to string those words so I can make sense out of what’s happening currently. My entire system’s unable to process them all. But then a sudden realization came to me while I was at it—that how some things and moments remain unaffected: like how the sun rises and sets everyday, or cherry blossoms beautifully blooms in Japan, meaning it is spring time there, or how time unceasingly flowing. They keep moving; continuing on what they are supposed to do.
So Mitchii, what’s your point really? I know, my introduction seems ambiguous and somehow philosophical as if taunting my inner Socrates, but rn I am fascinated on things that don’t need to adjust and remain the same like it has always been. Somehow I have sudden interest on things that’s forever the same because right now we (I mean, me?) crave some sort of normalcy in this continuous awful situation we’re in; especially on my side of the world where things just keeps on getting worse. As I mentioned, I have tons of thoughts; many of them are worries and fears. And I’m just looking for something that remains the same like in the past and the present to calm my nerves (more of this below).
Blogging in March: Amidst the chaotic month that was March! My blogging did run smoothly! A bit delayed but all scheduled entries were posted!
There was a delay but I still managed to post the two entries I’ve prepared for the month; so I’m quite satisfied with my blogging this March. I’ll post the same amount next month because I’m doing things on the side (portfolio revamp coming soon is just one of them) so there’s less time for blogging. But as part of my resolution for this year, I pledged consistency w/ my blogging routine even if just two posts per month. Again, better than nothing (I’m not saying this as if I’m just forcing myself to blog for the sake of it. I still love it as always; just spreading my tasks so I can manage things without totally ignoring the others on my list. haha~ I just have to say that!)
Reading in March: Running away from all my thoughts and worries. It’s very productive month for reading! New and old favorites!
As expected, when IRL worries overwhelmed me, I go to my favorite escape route and that is reading! I read heck of a lot of series this March! I did some spontaneous reread too (which are not included in this list, but one of them is Jujutsu Kaisen… just because!) I’m too eager to dive in to reading these days in an effort to temporarily remove myself from all the worries and heavy thoughts my head’s been thinking of.
But sometimes I caught myself unable to concentrate ‘cos my worries were just too much! But there’s so little we can do as an ordinary citizen. I felt abandoned that even reading is somehow now affected by the surge of fears (among other things) I have for me and for my family. But reading keeps me from brooding 24/7 and I welcome the fictional characters as companions in this misery. It’s also reassuring that stories have definite ending. The unknown future has terrified me more than ever. Anyways, sorry for being deby downer, I’ll keep this list short and sweet.
- Boy’s Lipstick | 보이즈 립스틱- such saccharine fluffiness kind of romance between a guy who can see colors around people & a girl hiding her gender but moonlights as beauty vlogger; so cute-y!
- Elixir of the Sun | 태양의 주인 – it’s one of my fave reads of the month! The woman who was outcast by her village turned out to be the only salvation of the emperor who craves death and blood—literally!
- Faking It in Style | 쇼윈도의 품격 – the tsundere boss wanted fmc out of the apartment was actually the same girl that is critical to his new launch business! Also it’s true, a way to man’s heart is through the stomach, ain’t that right mr. tsundere boss?
- Farewell My Demon | 굿바이 악마 – in a way, it’s refreshing out of the whole contract marriage stories out there, these two didn’t fall in love with each other so passionately. It had sparks but both of them were mature enough to end when it supposed to; now the question: what’s gonna happen next?
- Honnou Switch | ホンノウスイッチ – I want smut series like this! I also want a friends to lovers like this! They say most of relationship issues can be solved if couples communicate w/ each other? This is perfect example why it works! It’s so good
- I Don’t Love Anymore | 더 이상 사랑하지 않는다 – the trope of “neglected fmc only for the ex to realize it way too late” is part of my strange taste in romance stories! Ah, the one that got away kind but the woman found a better man!
- I Gave Birth to the Tyrant’s Child | 폭군의 아이를 가졌습니다 – again another example of my favorite adult fiction trope—hidden pregnancy/babies!! I liked the woman left this powerful man because he’s twisted to pretend he didn’t know & watched her via dreams. You ain’t getting her or her children!
- My Bad Younger Man | 나의 나쁜 연하남- the art is so early 2000s which I found it iffy at times. Also, the woman was so annoying that I kept on reading then stopping then reading again. That went on for a couple of cycles until I reached the latest chapter! Know what, I will still read it (says so much about my current mindset)
- My Heart Races Because of You | 두근두근 네가 좋아서 – another tsundere man doing all these mental gymnastics so he could be with her without actually making it like he wants to be with her romantically! It’s only for work huh? If he says so *insert winking gif here*
- Poison Dragon: The Legend of an Asura | 수라전설 독룡– ah, so good! I love me some good old fashion murim stories and this has all my requirements checked! However, it feels like it’s better to read it marathon style than waiting for it weekly! I think my patience will run thin if I do that!
- The Idols of My House | 우리집 아이돌 – my interest dwindled the longer I read it. Despite all the eye candies, there aren’t any standouts. The series is also over & I’m just taking my sweet time to finish this once and for all.
- The Princess Imprints the Traitor | 황녀, 반역자를 각인시키다 – this is my fave of the month! I love the main couple! I love the male lead! The whole premise of alchemy and royal politics wrapped in one webtoon series was so fantastic. It was so good that I scavenged spoilers out of desperation! I can’t wait to see it in webtoon form! Art is *chef kiss*
- The Way to Protect the Female Lead’s Older Brother | 여주인공의 오빠를 지키는 방법 – I went in with so much expectations; imagine a cunning yet wickedly beautiful fmc will help the abducted prince so she can gain her freedom! But I stop midway for unknown reason and not yet tempted to continue.
- Today I Live With You | 너와 사는 오늘 – there was something amiss with the storytelling! It felt broken, disengaged with the characters; and the reason I’m reading it still because I wanna know what’s missing in what supposed to be a love triangle—er, square: a romance trope I dearly love! So confused!
Life in March: We’re on strict lockdown again! It’s a scary world out there! Staying indoors where it is safe! 🏡
- Again, life has been anxiety-inducing! I am grateful that my family remains intact but losing a close relative from the pandemic hit me harder than I could ever imagined. It’s real and scary! These aren’t statistics anymore, the number now has a face! And I feel awful, powerless, and hopeless on what we’re only able to do with being just an ordinary person.
- I had some episodes of sleepless nights! There were nights that I only had 3-4 hours of sleep. Before this, my regular sleeping habit has improved tremendously after that insomia saga of 2018 (the year felt so long ago!) But worries kept me awake at nights! Life in general was crappy! I know my mental health is taking the brunt with my excessive worries so I’m trying my best to relax (that’s why I consumed so much media this month). If anyone of you read this and need assurance take this one from me: I hope you do the same, keep yourself healthy and energetic! Keep your faith in God. He’s merciful! He will help us to get back on our feet! 》This prayer keeps me together!
- While I endured sleepless nights, my skin decided to be kinder to me and it’s not breaking out for 2-3 weeks now. No pimple for many days now and this little? actually maybe big? success makes me happy! I think the new product I introduced in my skincare really helps! So, I caved in to dermas of tiktok (not that I have an account; just saw cross-posts on twitter/ig) about The Ordinary products and tried it. I bought the Glycolic Toner and the AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution. I haven’t tried the latter but used the former for three weeks now. I only use the toner once a week and my gosh, it works! I wasn’t too keen on buying it because a lot of foreign products don’t work on me! Point in case, every CosRX products I’d tried weren’t helpful and that’s why I’m suprised that this one works. Tbh, I was hesistant because it looks like a medicine than skincare (i blame the gorgeous packaging of Asian beauty products) but hey, it works! I’m just happy.
- Also remember how I chopped few centimeters off of my hair? well I cut it again! It’s now super short! I haven’t had this short locks since high school! But the summer heat’s waving & since we are once AGAIN in strict lockdown might as well just cut it? *snip, snip* No one’s gonna see me anyways. It feels so ligther as well!
- I’m revamping my online portfolio! I also revamp my comm sheet (which I still need to upload) it’s very minimalistic ‘cos that’s my ✨style✨ I’m nearly done but I have to code and all (my tumblr knowledge is very limited). I have no plans to move it to paid hosting (can’t afford it anyways) and I’ve been using tumblr since my early days. I also bought a new domain name: peach-berry.com! It’s my first time owning a .com domain. I’m not really big fan but it’s the cheapest one to renew (.info is expensive for $15+ a year…I kinda regret it money wise but someone already snagged the .com version!!! grrrr!!! I went ahead and renew it while I was at it) Anyways, more work to be done!
Hoping & Praying for April: I hope it’s not far-fetch to wish that our pandemic situation improves? We really need to straight things up!
- Yes, I’m changing the name of this section! I’m more in-the-moment person right now ‘cos of what’s happening currently! Well, I hope and I pray that things get better! I know I’ve been saying this since the pandemic started but it’s the prayer I keep on praying! Who wouldn’t want for things to get better, especially now when things look so bleak! As I said, my faith as well as my will to stop thinking about it keeps me in one piece.
- Also on my April agenda, I plan to finish that to-do list! I have so many mini plans that I want to accomplish! Nothing ambitious and also nothing big hence “mini” plans but at least this will take my mind of off things.
- It’s my youngest sister and nephew’s birthday! Meaning it’s the start of our family monthly birthday celebrations! We’re on lockdown again for who knows how long so I think it’s better to assume that no face to face celebrations gonna happen this year either. I just want this to be over! When will they take this seriously??
- New season in Japan, meaning new anime to watch! The winter season was pretty good! I only dropped one series out of the 7 that I promised to watch! I’m gonna miss Jujutsu Kaisen so bad! MAPPA created such a masterpiece; can’t wait for S2 and the MOVIE!!! Back to spring list, I’m planning to watch these series: Boku no Hero Academia, Fruits Basket, Shaman King, Mashiro no Oto, and Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui! Just five, hopefully they are good!