Today’s Maundy Thursday so to those who observe it, it’s time to reflect what Jesus Christ did and the precious gift He gave us. And to those who don’t, well, I hope you’re having a wonderful day! I can’t believe April is just around the corner and I’m done writing my March wrap-up post!! March came in then almost over in a blink of an eye ‘cos maybe I was too excited for things to come when the month started, so as people say, time flies quickly when you’re having fun!
You know the biggest thing happened this month was our trip to Japan! It’s still so fresh in my mind (well it was almost two weeks since then *sobs* I miss the cold) and I really enjoyed our short time over there! Honestly I want to go back! There’s so much of Japan that I haven’t seen so going back there is a must! Ah, I’ll continue this later but for now here’s a quick low down of what has happened this March in my blog!
Blogging in March: Slick, smooth AF, everything went according to my schedule!
I think blogging went smoothly like February. And I think I’m getting the hang of it. I already have my April post sorted but as of yet to draft in the blog itself (which I’ll be doing this weekend). Since we already took our vacation a little earlier we’re just stay-cationing here and spending the holy week at home! *coughs* The blog posts for this month looked fine if I say so myself!
March Reading List: I have read a book + I achieved my Goodreads challenge!!!
Yep, you read the title right (and nope, not an early April Fools joke from me!) So, after superbly flunking my challenge last year (which is to say all kind of embarrassing) I’ve come to a realization that this challenge ain’t for me anymore. Reading books is not really my thing as of right now.
Yet I still wanted to try so I convinced myself to sign up anyway and made sure it is easy af (achievable goal)—ONE book! And I just did!! I’m so happy~! I’ve read a book and it’s from my favorite series ever (you already know how much I stan Shatter Me series, right?)
1. チョコレート・ヴァンパイア (Chocolate Vampire) • I added it in my last month’s reading list but I said I only read one volume. I marathoned it one night and caught with the latest chapter!
2. 花のち晴れ～花男 Next Season～ Hana nochi hare • Hana Yori Dango is one of my fave manga series of all time so I’ve been so curious with this one, it’s pretty good, although not as good as the original series. But I’m still sticking around ‘cos I’m liking the story so far!
3. 黒豹と16歳 (Kurohyou to 16-sai) • it’s guilty series read, I can’t believe this one is published in Nakayoshi ‘cos it’s a bit teasy sexy in some way. I don’t love it but it does leave me conflicted…I kinda like reading it despite not truly being invested in it, something to pass time.
4. 逃げるは恥だが役に立つ (Nigeru wa haji da ga yaku ni tatsu) • it was interesting but I’m not so into now as I was in the beginning…the more I got further in the less motivated I am (even though the FMC + MMC are now together, like why self??) but I’ll finish this, I only have few chapters left anyway!
5. おじさまと猫 (Ojisama to Neko) • So cute!! So heartfelt, it’s about an old guy who’s now alone and bought a (ugly—in my definition it isn’t at all ‘cos cats are lovely especially those big fluffy ones) cat that thought no one will buy him! It’s super simple but one that tugs your heart!!
6. 来世は他人がいい (Raise wa tannin ga ii) • I. LOVE. THIS!! I LOVE THIS!!! I LOVE THIS!!! It’s from the same author of Haru no Noroi, one of fave josei series and like HnN, this one is so interesting!! It’s about Yakuza, both FMC and MMC are heirs to their respective yakuza groups. This is labeled seinen so that explains the violence and the language! But both main characters are so impressive I can’t stop reading, and re-reading after. It is that good!!
7. Restore Me (by Tahereh Mafi) • fam, you know how much I love this series, yes? But it didn’t deliver what I imagined it’d be. And even though it has been years since I read Ignite Me everything is still fresh in my head so I was kinda a little disappointed that it was tad too predictable for my taste (or am I just too good at predicting things!!) Anyhoo, I enjoyed it, still, and I can’t wait for the next one!
8. 青春アウェー (Seishun Away) • one word to describe is “cute,” it’s just cute and fluffy and nice and the romance is just so swoooon~ I loved it! I reread after I finished reading the whole damn thing!! Ah! this is why I’m big believer of shoujo manga!!!
Life in March: Japan! Break outs and a whole lot of mischiefs! (not really bruh~)
- OK, I also don’t know when I will stop talking about my Japan trip so bear with me! But y’all should know that I’ve been planning it since 2016 and I really wanted to go there in autumn, but Hong Kong and Singapore trips happened in the first half of those years, so that got me thinkin’ that instead of last quarter I wanted to do it as early as March! And it happened!! But I’m gonna gush the full deets next time. I’m saving it for my April posts, so I hope you look forward to it!
- Ugh, I’m getting break outs again, I stopped my current routine and gone back to basics so I hope this subsides…I think I need to go and have it check it always around my PMS and when I’m fertile (according to my cycle calendar) it has been consistent but this month spike high again…I really, really wish acne leave me alone. I’m in my thirties for goodness sake!!!
- March is pretty chill, pretty relax month all in all (the lots of mischiefs from the title has nothing to do with how my month went but well, it rings nice, LOL!) I pray that it’ll continue on because 2018 is pretty good to me so far, just TRUST the LORD! I love the bible messages I got this month but what struck to me the most is “that I have to keep going, even at first I don’t succeed; it’s not a big deal. I’m never a failure until I give up.” Seriously, I need that one!
Looking Forward to April: summer, new direction, goals and starting up~!
- I’m not gonna full on deets (again) with this one, but there’s something I’ve been wanting to do (it’s sorta big). So yeah, I’m going to put the finer details under wraps but I want to try. Yes, I so want to succeed but even if it only bear some kind of little fruit I’m still going to be really happy. Take risk, be courageous self, God is with me!
- Youngest sissy birthday on 22nd! Actually, April here in PH means summer! I’m not sure how summer will go this year but I hope it isn’t unbearably hot (well, it’s so hot already and it’s just March) or chaotic like last year was! So I pray that the month of April is as merry and blessed as this month is!
- My blog has more posts for April because I have special things prepared (that has something to do with my trip) but that is a total of three posts so things are as per usual here in my blog!
- And anime! I didn’t watch any anime this season but my schedule is so full this Spring! Boku no Hero Academia, Piano no Mori, Shokugeki no Soma, Tokyo Ghoul:re among others! I’m happy to get into watching, YAAAASSS!!!