You see, I’m like this, whenever the new month starts it makes me feel like I have plenty of time to do my plans so I spend my time leisurely because, well, it’s still early and I have so much time
to cram. Yeah, that what has happened to me this May! It felt like I had so much time so I just lazed around and put all my plans and to-do list later because I think deserve a break! But newsflash self, month’s over (and honestly I just cram this monthly wrap-up ‘cos I realized that today’s the last day of the month! Yes, epic fail self, epic fail!
It was sort of chill month for me. I’m still worrying over the usual (life in general, work, the pandemic, when’s the vaccine gonna come for the rest of us) but I managed to just laze in some days; naps beckoned me! Also the intense summer heat just made me extra lazy because every bit of movement made me sweat like bucket (I almost not exaggerating, I’m sweating as I type this 💦💦💦 Anyway, like has been steady and we’re just doing what I can in this current situation we are in. There are many personal pet projects I wanna do that currently occupies my mind so that’s the reason why my blog has been quiet for a while…
Blogging in May: Just some updates of the upcoming changes and how slow I implement these things!
Speaking of blogging—or the lack of thereof, I’m done with the graphics I plan to incorporate in my design fluff project. I plan to spruce up some bits here and there and not completely redesign (I have no time for it anyway, and I do love this one, unfinished it may look when I initially unveiled it. I just gonna do some photo and finally do that “about me” page that has been sitting up pretty bare (and ooops!) I hope to finish it by next month, or at least within the month of July—my unofficial blog anniversary. 🥳🎉
But good news? I plan to come up with one post for June! It’s officially the sixth month of the year so it’s time to do my mid-year check up! I think I did a bit shabby but gonna share the full deets in my actual post!
Reading in May: I need to find a generic long title for this because it’s always about me reading too much!
Same old, same old. I read some more again! So many cool sounding series started the last few months but for those that I think I might love it, I’ve decided to let them run and accumulate chapters before I start reading! It is a great idea! While I think the month’s reading list was pretty interesting, I guess it wasn’t as wow fest as my last few months were! But that didn’t mean they were bad, I think some of the titles in my month’s list have pretty intriguing premise! So I guess, I’m starting now!
- Disguised as a Male Secretary | 남장 비서 – I’ve said this plenty of times but gender bender is my weakness! And it was such huge romantic development that the guy fell for the heroine despite the disguise!
- Duchess of the Glass House | 유리온실의 공작 부인 – I’m so used to revert back in time plot in isekai/transmigration series that only the protag remembers their past life. Totally didn’t expect that male lead to also remember the past life and he’s now making amends!
- I Became the Secretary of the Tyrant | 폭군의 비서관이 되었습니다 – this is so cute! she’s such a capable heroine and no wonder that tyrant emperor was swept off his feet with her grace, beauty, and impeccable work ethics! Icing on the cake when our gorgeous secretary didn’t give a damn when the OG heroine told her off! (serves her right)
- I Became the Wife of the Monstrous Crown Prince | 괴물 황태자의 아내가 되었습니다– aw~ such a fluff I’m all about people giving the compassion to another person shun by everyone; granted she knew the real deal but her kindness will save this little kid from his own dark future!
- I Will Change the Genre | 장르를 바꿔보도록 하겠습니다 – another they-went-back-in-time story but both the aunt and the nephew remember their past lives! While she was complete 360 of the OG aunt, I really wanna see them bond in this lifetime! I wanna see them happy family!
- Is This True Love? | 하늘이 내린 연애 – it’s my type of contemporary webtoon romance series to a T! He had crush on her when they were just child actors, fast forward to today, the guy’s the industry sough after leading man (but has sort of woman problem)! And while she has failed relationships one after the other, completely forsaking romance! Now, I’m excited to see how the relatiosnhip develop between a guy who’s aloof with girls and a girl who lost trust on love!
- My Sweet Girl | 不可爱的TA – I was badly burned by CH webtoon series and their soap opera-ish plotlines! So this title was such breath of fresh air! So fluffy and so warm!
- My Three Tyrant Brothers | 폭군 오빠가 셋이래요 – you know I love heroines that don’t fall from grace despite the bad circumstances they went through! This little girl was sold off as slave but turned out to be missing princess! This kind girl gonna make these three brother the doting kind, I can see it!
- One One Two | 하나하나둘 – gosh, what a freaking plot twist! So the ghost of her future husband hunts her. He’s able to communicate whenever he’s around the younger/past self! But the twist is, he might or might not be the guy he thought he was; the ghost has no memories so he doesn’t know which of twins is his true self! *da-dum* (but I know! ‘cos I read it in ahead the TLs; did not see that coming!!!)
- Pumpkin Time | パンプキン・タイム – so she thought was a boy but she actually grew up as a girl. Nope, not Ranma 1/2 type situation but the story hasn’t divulge the story behind the circumstances she has but the story is about her and her childhood friend who has feelings for her—even before!
- Shaman After School | 방과후 선녀 – she works for the gods but there was so much more than keeping people’s faith than what she has bargained for; she got herself intervening believers from sticky situation despite the gods warning not meddle into people’s fate!
- The Lady I Served Has Become a Master | 모시던 아가씨가 도련님이 되어버렸다 – again, not another Ranma 1/2 storyline but the male lead disguised as a girl (with the help of potion) to keep him safe and his position in the duchy; and despite being noble people treated him badly, only the female lead helped her throughout the ordeal. Now’s that his position is secured they kicked the maid out of the mansion! But he will search the continent if it needs to just to be with her again—but now as a man!
- Untouchable Lady | 접근 불가 레이디 – I kind like the start, seven former lives all ended in misery! Now in this new life, she has enough! She will be in total control not only of her life but her position in one of the four prestigious families!
Life in May: Pizza and pasta for birthday! My pc got an upgrade and online projects that I kinda postponed because life happens!
- I upgraded my PC again and I’ve never had this one that runs like a speed of light all thanks to my shiny new SSD and upgraded memory! It wasn’t really a plan but my sluggish PC before really grated my nerve! I’m so happy to be able to do a lot of things without spending so much time waiting for it to be ok! Time is of the essence as they say!
- My mom finally got her COVID-19 shot just last week! I really wanted to get her vaccinated (she was really hesitant before) but with what has happened to my uncles/her brothers (yes, I lost two uncles…it was really unfortunate and sad) this is the best we could to prevent hospitalizations
or…not gonna say it. So we got her vaccinated! I was so nervous when the our city govt finally sent her the schedule! But huge relief beckoned everybody in the household after she got her jab! Mom’s first dose done! Hopefully we get our vaccines soon too!
- It’s my older sister’s birthday and we got some pizzas and pasta to celebrate! 🍝🍕
- I’m little behind schedule for my design fluffing but I’m not really in the rush to sort out things. I’m done creating icons/graphics (I’m trying my hands on creating everything by myself and not rely on free graphics anymore~ plus it feels great to create something on my own! The fluffing is not really for design reason but more on functionality! With the way I blog now, time to reorganize some stuff!
Hoping and Praying for June: Praying for things to calm down and improve! Mid-year check up once again and Filipino anime, yes please!
- I guess, the major thing I am looking forward these days is getting ourselves protected via vaccination. Hearing about new mutations (or the fusing of two kinds) is damn scary! But because of the scarcity of the available vaccines, the rollout is currently prioritized and sadly I don’t belong to any of the groups! So we are just waiting here, even though our (my sisters and I) vaccine will come from work, we still need to follow the rules. So yeah, the sooner they get theirs, the sooner we will have ours too!
- I want to implement new changes before I post my mid-year check-up but since I’m not a hurry to do so I might not be able to pull it off but we’ll still see. Sometimes I do some miracle stunt and finish them even though it’s not part of my plan or schedule! So who knows! *nervous laugh*
- Super excited to watch Trese! This an original anime by Netflix based on Filipino graphic novel! The language/audio from the trailers gave me goosebumps (hearing it in Filipino, English and even Japanese was totes brilliant!) Also, UDD as part of the OST, gosh excitement increased by a mile! Can’t wait!!