The anime community sure gonna agree with me on how awesome 2019 line up is! There are so many good manga series getting anime adaptation that we all have been waiting for (I particularly keen to watch a lot shonen series + wishlist granted!!) and today I’ll be sharing you list of anime and some books that I want to watch and read next year!
But let’s pedal back to this year first (before I gush out the awesomeness), I didn’t watch a lot of series this 2018. I started a LOT though…but I only finished four…clumsily. But I think there was not much I wanted to see anyway, and with my new schedule requiring some time, I ended up ditching watching anime in favor of reading (which as you can gauge with my Best of the Best post that it was happy struggle picking the creme de la creme out of all the awesome manga series I read this year!!) But I’ll try to rectify that. I plan to watch these series and enjoy it to the max! (I just need to sched watching anime properly, that’s all)
Definitely Eyeing these Anime series!!
- 僕のヒーローアカデミア Boku no Hero Academia – As if I would pass this up. At this rate it’ll be part of my yearly psyched watchlist as long as it runs and there’s an annual anime.
- ドクターストーン Dr. Stone – my fave Science manga of 2017 so I’m so happy to read the announcement that it’ll have anime in the works. I’m totally surprised to even read that the producer is the company behind Haikyuu & Boku no Hero Academia. My expectations went higher couple of notches, I must say.
- フルーツバスケット Fruits Basket – ASSGKLDJRNJKLSJFHKLDD!! I’m excited even though I saw promo ad and the anime design isn’t…the same? They don’t look like Natsuki-sensei’s art (though she requested that herself, I heard) But the entire manga to anime!! Sign. Me. Up!!
- かぐや様は告らせたい～天才たちの恋愛頭脳戦～ Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen – like some of the series in this list that I want to actually start the manga first but can’t, so I thought of trying the “Love Story full of mind games a la Death Note” first and see it from there (if it’s worth reading later).
- 鬼滅の刃 Kimetsu no Yaiba – It’s one of my favorite manga series I read this 2018 so you bet I’m watching this series like it’s my responsibility haha. I’m not gung-ho with the animation studio behind it but again, I have hopes! I always do!
- この音とまれ! Kono Oto Tomare – Like, do I even need to explain? I’ve been wishing to the anime deities for YEARS to make an anime of it. And although I’m not too happy with the snippet so far but I still look forward to it (I would have been happier if they retained Yuki Ono as Chika but alas, not all you want can happen)
- モブサイコ100 II Mob Psycho 100 II – I LOVED the first season, so no brainer that I’ll be picking up the second season. Plus, the later part of story is just so good, I’m excited to see it animated by the ever amazing BONES!
- ワンパンマン One Punch Man 2 – One Punch!!! I’m excited even though Madhouse ain’t the studio behind it anymore but I have hopes! I enjoy the first season so gotta watch it, too!
- ピアノの森 Piano no Mori (Second Season) – I’ve been waiting for this, I want to see Kai’s amazing piano performance during the semis of Chopin competition, although I’m still icky about CG but oh well, there’s nothing we can’t do about it.
- 約束のネバーランド Yakusoku no Neverland – I might try this first before diving in to the manga. I keep postponing the reading, so maybe I’ll check out the anime first.
Some of the books the piqued my interest
I read four new books this year. I’ve re-read a total of five books as well. And I think it’s huge improvement from previous years where I didn’t read at all (I mean, new books). It’s all about trying: on the right time and mood. So being optimistic
(in some areas of my life) that I am I went and check out upcoming books and selected ones that piqued my interest. No promises, but I shall try!
- Defy Me (Shatter Me #5) by Tahereh Mafi – of course, I wouldn’t pass the series that keeps my bookworm persona intact! And with that cliffhanger there’s no way I would not read it.
- Descendant of the Crane by Joan He – totally got with the “Chinese Inspired Fantasy” and reluctant queen in an unstable Kingdom makes me want to read it (seeing I love me historical & politically driven with hint of romance plot nowadays this might be the one!)
- Every Moment After by Joseph Moldover – I’m super happy to read a book about guys solid friendship. Yes, friendship. Friendship is one the purest form of affection and I want to read that. I want a book that celebrates friendship. Been wanting to read a refreshing friendship book and maybe this is the one that might give me the one I’ve been looking for.
- I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn – some light romance set in Kyoto, Japan. Hey, you know I fiercely love shoujo manga (and some k-dramas, and romance webtoons) so I want to try this fluff! And it’s pink~ そして日本のすべてを大好きです。
- Spin the Dawn (The Blood of Stars #1) by Elizabeth Lim – I’m not totally buying the “Project Runway meets Mulan” ‘cos that didn’t make sense to me (I know she’s tailor but…eh?) But gender bender is what got me! So totally looking forward to this.
Special Shout-out! for The Breaker (브레이커) Season 3 – I don’t know where to categorize this but my favorite Korean graphic novel of all-time is returning this 2019 with its third season and I am just super excited to read it again. I don’t care if it’ll be in webtoon format I only want new content. Author-nim be good to us!