It’s funny how early I started writing my wrap-up. I mean, compare to the many years of cramming and then some totally forgetting important stuff (almost always due to procrastination and disorganization; looks like I’ve finally seen better days~). *coughs* Diving into the main point, November is pretty OK-ish month with good (awesome I say) and some others that totally frustrated me (はあぁぁ～ あいつはそれをしなかった) Anyways, it was still pretty solid month for me. Entering the last month of year is kinda nerve-wracking, well because it’s the end of the year and we’re all getting old!
Blogging in November: I said this, and said that!
Totally different from the previous months ‘cos I haven’t finished formatting my posts for December (LOL I’m slacked a bit and then some) You know how December is, posts-wise! Lots of recaps, features and then the throwback (<- which of course I haven’t done yet because the year isn’t over!) I’m still waiting for something to make my post teeny bit presentable! But I only have two posts to format sans the yearly recap and then yep, all done! I’m also planning to write my January posts as well this December just to get things done ahead (I want my 2018 to be organized and awesome y’know)! I’ve created a good schedule until June of next year! One night blog ideas just poured in like a mad man!
I talked about ❶ dubbed and subbed version of our fave anime and weighed in which one I liked best! Also discussed ❷ about endings—is it better if it solidly conclusive? Read it to know my take. Another blogger post about me ❸ blogging in solitude and why number didn’t matter to me when blogging, which I can pride myself the reason why I continue and love this hobby is because of this! Next, because I couldn’t resist another shippy topic, I shared ❹ how I choose my ships…it’s something just happened! ❺ Want to know me as blogger? then check out my post! And lastly a discourse about ❻ equally important secondary characters! They’re pretty awesome (sometimes better than the protags!)
November Reading List: I try and try, then re-read and re-read!
- I think my November reading stats were more like trying and trying then stopping; well, except ones that I actually want to read more but chapters aren’t out yet! What a bummer! So to compensate the need I reread a bunch of fave series because what a month is without rereads? Nearly impossible for reader (re-reader?) obsess like moi!
1. Flowers Falling Together (함께 지는 꽃) if you’re a fan of That Summer (그 해 여름) -> that’s me! *raises both hands* which made me read the series, then you’ll like it. Enough love, friendship, and teenage drama to keep me hook. And that love dynamic a la That Summer (if you don’t want to get spoiled) is worth noting! ^^
2. Furuya-sensei wa An-chan no Mono (古屋先生は杏ちゃんのモノ) it’s breath of fresh air when the sensei has this naïve/innocent vibe to him—it’s new to me after reading a bunch of teacher-student trope; this one’s cute!
3. Fushigi Yuugi: Byakko Senki (ふしぎ遊戯 白虎仙記) I’m digging it already and it only has chapters so far. I hope it’s like Genbu, more political and mature. I like the original series fine, but let’s admit it Miaka wasn’t the brightest bulb in the box, we were all got frustrated so hopefully Suzuno will follow Takiko steps (iirc in FY anime we got to see her…and it looked like she was a good/determined/strong girl that she didn’t get devoured by the celestial beast) the future looks interesting!
3. Gosu (고수) my thirst for The Breaker season 3 knows no bound! While this is fun it didn’t fill so much of the hunger. I kinda put it on-hold, sadly (and then read fave arcs in New Waves…the cycle starts again)!
5. Hokenshitsu no Kageyama-kun (保健室の影山くん) this is a new series from Shinobu Amano-sensei of Last Game with bit fantasy element to it. And you know how I love vampire manga, right? Yeah, pretty cute though nothing much to say at this point yet.
6. Houkago Melancholy(放課後メランコリー) fans of Sakisaka Io will love this, I on the other hand despite craving for some love triangle teenage angst find the first 3 chapters pretty meh…it could get better so I’ll stick around. ETA: it’s done so pretty mediocre…
7. Inuyashiki (いぬやしき) all thanks to the super cool opening of the anime (which kinda made me follow it, too) I ended up reading this in one go! It wasn’t as redundant as Gantz and definitely not as horrifyingly and senselessly violent so I think that made me read it with bit of ease (ease, hahaha /s). I found that the antagonist have more page time than the protag really weird? But it’s OK!
8. Ikenie Touhyou (生贄投票) disturbing AF! Like Battle Royale vibes with social lives at stake! Why all their bad reps have to do with their sexual misconduct? Why? *scratches head* I wish it was greyer than that because the first victims, yeah, shocking but later it got repetitive. But the last chapter??!! Oh boy, is he the culprit??
9. Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui (恋と呼ぶには気持ち悪い) yeah cute story, I love the older guy feel in love with the girl, while the girl was “no way, yuck” ahahaha so funny!
10. Namaikizakari (なまいきざかり。) I should put this in the re-read pile but nah, it felt like it don’t! I only read less than 20 chapters before (like 2-3 years ago??) and hardly remember it anymore. I blazed through the latest chapter (72) and I liked it! I loved how smooth and fast the pacing and see how their relationship evolved…there’s so many thing about romantic relationship than just getting together. Glad I caught up, like finally!
- I also reread 長歌行、私の少年、そばにいてもいいんだぜ、おとなりコンプレックス、この音とまれ、그 해 여름、순정 바로미터 -> that Kudo-senpai! And the new members are so intriguing especially Natsu Momoya (I feel like he’s kinda like Kise with all the ‘perfect copy’ ability of his… that perfect copy of Satowa’s koto play for a first timer?? Suspicious~) someone pointed out that he kinda looked like Kikuchi-kun… (Ao Haru Ride) and he kinda does ahahaha!
Life in November: Like where did the month go?
- It felt like November came then went away just like that. I don’t really remember what went down in November…specifically, like things has progressed pretty fine (not a lot of brouhaha like last October) which says a lot about the month as a whole. Really, I don’t know what to add…
- Ah! Well, we put up our Christmas decoration because it’s November and if you didn’t know Christmas really, really blows out in November here in PH. All those flashy lights and decors ahoy~ I was asking my mom what we’re gonna do this holidays since it’s just the two of us this time (the reason was brought up last month).
- I think I’ve wasted money on skincare products I bought last month. I mean, it didn’t broke me (thankfully…well, my wallet says otherwise though) but neither did it improve anything. So I’m gonna stick with my skincare routine which I think works fine, although I really need a good hydrating serum because I feel like my skin is pretty dry but oily (yep, dehydrated alright).
- Oooh~ Taylor Swift dropped her album and I liked it (it hit me like BANG! <- see what I did here *winks*) At this point anything that Taylor will release I’ll automatically listen and like it. She’s very memorable artist to me (being her Speak Now concert as the first concert I ever attended to! And she’s not my top lastfm artist for nothing!) so yeah, I liked it! Faves are …Ready For It, Getaway Car, King of my Heart, Delicate, and End Game!
Looking Forward to December: The last month of the year which means recaps, features and all the works!
- As I mentioned I have two more posts need some formatting (graphic wise) but like always, majority is done and about! I’m keeping this momentum until new year ‘cos maybe, just maybe it’ll organize my otherwise messy life! I need to keep the rhythm and carry the good things for the new year!
- What else? Well, holidays! Good food, and gifts, and well other stuff. Although we’ve wanted to fly to HK to visit Disyneyland with my little niece but since my passport is expired well that has to postpone! Bummer, I know. I was originally planning to renew in December but plan changed when I read that passport validity is now extended to 10 years starting this January! So I’ll go with this, less hassle and cost efficient to boot!