steppin' on my own gown, trippin' and fallin'
Can’t say if I’m successful that I made it on time, two days short before October ends, or I just gave in to the pressure of my own making that I rushed the whole thing, resulting to these months of me dropping teasers in every give opportunity completely anticlimactic. Ah, whatever! I’m just happy that I was, well, still on schedule despite all of that!
October was busy! And November will be one too, me thinks! I have some things that I lined up to do! At least I did get to do everything on my list regardless of how I feel about it!
So most of my supposed blog’s anniversary month I spent on polishing this new design! And honestly, there are still some minor tweaks to be done but I’m ready to go back to blogging! So even if it is just like, 98% complete, I think I’m ready to go back on my daily grind!
Reading in October! Feelin’ like I didn’t read but actually did! Chaotic mood be messing up with my memory!
It felt like I read a lot but at the same time I didn’t? I know, it’s a weird feeling but that’s how I described the month in terms of my reading! When I was writing this entry, I was thinking did I read this October? Then when I checked out my list I realized that I did read! Like, lots! I don’t know why I’m feelin’ like I didn’t! Must be my age!
- 사실은 내가 진짜였다 | Actually, I was the Real One – webtoon in the same vein of all isekai with problematic fathers (this is gonna be, what, my fourth attempt? And this one actually made it to the list! I only list series that I made past 10 chapters!) Now back to this one, it was ok-ish! I really don’t like daughter-father combo with the parent being neglectful! That’s why I love ‘Youngest Princess‘ so much, Enisha’s family was way darn cuties! This one? Meh! Conflicted if I will continue or not!
- 악한 기사 | Evil Knight – webtoon another soul transferred to a different body and she was saved by a guy who happened to be the king. She was originally noble of the same world got accused and murdered! She woke up in the body of a witch! It was again, ok-ish!
- 北欧貴族と猛禽妻の雪国狩り暮らし | Hokuou Kizoku to Moukinzuma no Yukiguni Karigurashi – manga the guy lived in a cold region (reminds me a bit of Nordic countries but with Native American vibe), and he was looking for a wife, only for these women turned him down on fear of not adapting well to his lifestyle! On one occasion he met a retired soldier and fell in love & proposed to her on the spot! Luckily she accepted it on a trial term, thus the start of their marriage life! It’s cute, and nice, and cute…I have really nothing left to say about it!
- 呪術廻戦 | Jujutsu Kaisen – manga blitzed the whole thing in two days and I’m just madly obsessed with this series! It wasn’t the first episode that left that lasting impression! It was the opening song (💯 bangers!) when I saw the characters, I was just “I wanna know them!!” especially that mr. with the blindfold!!! I love Gojo! I’m so pump for the anime, MAPPA giving the series justice in each episode so far, I’m thankful!
- 첫사랑입니다만 | It is My First Love – webtoon an average romance webtoon series of a girl who fell in love, decided to give the guy a love letter only to find out that he was taken recently by her new friend. She attempted to take back the letter to avoid troubles but it was later found by one of the guy’s friend. He kept it as a secret in returned they should hang out together. It was later was found out by her friend and accused her of betrayal. She moved place and years later the guy who she thought ruined the friendship was her new boss!
- 프리실라의 결혼 의뢰 | Priscilla’s Marriage Request – webtoon another I-turned-back-on-time-so-I’ll-do-better-this-time! She was deceived by her step mother, losing her title, land, and money! She runaway from an arranged marriage and became a mage but got killed eventually! When she woke up, she went back in time and with this second chance on tow, she did everything to claim back what rightfully hers!
- 쇼윈도 커플 | Show Window Couple – webtoon this one accompanied me while I was enduring some major period cramps! It’s a pretend to be dating scenario with these fake couple falling in love for reals!
- 술탄의 꽃 | Sultan’s Love – smut webtoon series! ♥️ The heroine was sold as concubine to this pathetic man & in order to avoid attention she hid herself but inevitable happened the former sultan saw her & wanted to take her! On the nick of time, the 9th prince formed coup & took the throne, as well as her!
- 마존현세강림기 | The Descent of the Demonic Master – webtoon after ‘Medical Return‘ I was craving for more shonen-ish webtoon series. Seeing, I have limit myself to murim kind, this one fits the bill! Really enjoyed the earlier parts not so much of the recent chapters! It needs more explosive moments!
- 쓰레기장 속 황녀님 | The Princess in the Dumpster – webtoon ok, better than the first one ^ While she was a neglected child (hence the dumpster) the reason wasn’t because the father was a jackass! And I loved how adorable her siblings were to her; they were infatuated with their newest & youngest sib! I have a feeling the it’ll focus more on family dynamic and her origin than romance, which feels refreshing for me!
- 세상은 돈과 권력 | The World is Money & Power! – webtoon this is like combination of Liar Game and Study Group! This son of a congressman that was accused of corruption because of his son admission on prestige school caused him his political downfall! The said boy was transferred to different school! And this school ain’t your average high school! Students here are allowed to gamble! And he wants to dismantle it by playing them on their own games! And oh, the leader of this gambling circle is the chaebol’s son that led his MC’s father corrupt allegations! Pretty interesting so far!
Life in October! Nerves all over the place! Birthday cakes! New anime season! And all the things I need to do as incapable adult! Le sigh!
- So October means birthday month! Mom’s b-day comes one week before mine, my sister & I were busy making prep to surprise her! We had feast that day! Mine too! I was running around ordering food for my bday dinner but my older sister kept mum about her surprise so we had like super feast on my birthday! I had so many cakes!!! Well, the others were half roll slices of different cakes but gaaaah! She was so sweet to send my fave dishes (palabok & chicken sisig are my faves, ok!) Really happy! Fam, good food, I am blessed despite the situation we are in!
- I’m also about to do some adulting stuff, ugh what freakin’ pain! Anyway, that’s part of life so it can’t be helped! I really want to do it actually this month as well so I don’t have much to think come November!
Just my personal hobbies omp!But things just got hectic! Oh well, I still have plenty of time but I’m treating this as “ripping off the band-aid so I can get it over it” sense!
- My GERD and anxiety are pretty bad lately! I keep on belching, burping to expel excess air due to excessive breathing! Anxiety attacks comes on and off, my chest felt heavy and I feel really nervous (felt like my heart was beating faster) It wasn’t as bad as the last months! The good thing was I was somewhat busy?? that sometimes I forgot about it. But once resting, I remembered it again and the whole cycle started again! Bummer! Writing it down makes it real though! As per Taylor Swift’s words, I really need to calm down!! Hence the title ^^;
- October also means new anime season! For first impressions, I already briefly mentioned Jujutsu Kaisen and it is 💯 legit awesome! Haikyuu!! To the Top is the same although I’m not liking the recent eps centered around Nekoma (they were my least fave team, like bottom list!) so there was that! I’m pretty surprised with Noblesse, the pacing was pretty good unlike TGoH! They even kept the subtle humor! The animation was mediocre but I’m taking everything in! I’m just happy to see one of my fave webtoon series of all-time getting a decent anime adaptation!
Looking forward to November! Christmas’s just around the corner, yet still feel anxious with the days ahead! My planner is jam-packed with the shenanigans I wanna try!
- Now that I’m back, blogging, I hope to publish at least two new posts this November…unless things get busier then I’ll just have to settle with the one I planned to post before but didn’t because of my almost two months blogging break!
- Just two more months before the year ends! And honestly, I’m nervous about 2021! If there’s one thing I learned from 2020, some things no matter how carefully you planned, life will want you to take a different course and for most of us that is what has happened this year! We’re technically still on quarantine but there is somewhat semblance of regularity?? def not normal, but we’re kinda adjusted?? I pray we can go back to normal, if not better normal!
- I have things to do! And like I said my nerves are all over place, I need that distraction! So aside from reading, I need to catch up my journal, work on my adult responsibilities, plan some things and many more! *pushes sleeves* time to work!!