When I was listing down the titles that I absolutely look forward to I got immediately overwhelmed! There. So. Many. Of. Them! Not that I’m complaining ‘cos the more the better, right? At least in this case, it’s true! There are tons of sequels from both old and new series that I’m currently following (manga-wise!) and I’m just super ecstatic that they’re coming this 2018 (which also makes me feel like 2018 will be good to me!) OK, I need to calm—sorry for being too giddy! I just can’t help it!! Ahoy~ here is the list!
2018 Anime I look forward to!
1. Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season (僕のヒーローアカデミア 第三期) ∙ Of course, I’m excited for this! You know that the next arcs (where the season two left of) are my absolute faves! It’s about my tenious child, Bakugou so! So! Yes!!!
2. Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen カードキャプターさくらクリアカード編) ∙ I’m excited but somehow dread the upcoming CCS! This series is part of my childhood (more like teenhood) but I’m reading the manga I’m not too happy about it but let’s see!
3. Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (コードギアス 復活のルルーシュ) ∙ I’m actually intrigued rather than super interested especially how the season wrapped up! You know~ *winks, winks*
4. Dagashi Kashi 2 (だがしかし2) ∙ More of the Japanese snacks, bring it on!!
5.Devil’s Line (デビルズライン) ∙ I super loved this series! I love this series has all I liked about seinen with some romance added on the mix! And vampires! Still not sick of vampires!
6. Koi wa Ameagari no You ni (恋は雨上がりのように) ∙ I saw the trailer and I’m super stoked!!! It’s so beautiful and the music? Gorgeous! I’m reading the manga and this one of those super nice slice of life series!
7. One Punch Man 2nd Season (ワンパンマン 第2シーズン) ∙ Need me some of the one punch goodness! Even though it isn’t madhouse doing the anime, I’m pretty sure JC Staff can do good for this! I have faith!
8. Piano no Mori (ピアノの森) ∙ This is MY MOST ANTICIPATED SERIES IN 2018 *coughs* yes, yes, it’s my favorite music series. I already written long-ass rec post (go read it!) so you know that heck yes, I’m ready for this!
9. Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 (進撃の巨人 Season 3) ∙ well, duh! Of course I look forward this my second gateway to anime!
10. Tokyo Ghoul:re (東京喰種：re) ∙ Much have been said about the animation studio behind this, I still want to watch this series because Haise Sasaki is my fave Ken Kaneki. If everything fails, I just want the 31.5 animated, dammit!
11. Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (ヲタクに恋は難しい) ∙ I call it cute but there’s more than meets the eye with this series. It’s simple but overall entertainment! Can wait!
Wishlist! (aka please make an anime out of this…!)
1. Akatsuki no Yona S2 (暁のヨナ) ∙ I know the possibility is pretty slim but as long as it isn’t zero then I don’t like giving up! Season two must happen somehow!
2. Ao no Flag (青のフラッグ) ∙ Aw~ this sweet, angsty and pretty shonen series needs an anime. I mean, come on! Give me all the teenage angst! I’m ready!
3. Kono Oto Tomare! (この音とまれ) ∙ Japan, come one make an anime of this already! I’ve been wishing and wishing and still has yet to happen (been I think three years of wishing!) Where is the love for traditional music?! I love this manga, an anime needs to happen. Don’t be cruel! I need to Chika alive and animated!
Books I’m considering picking up!
Almost all of this are standalone and contemporary because it’s easier for me to follow (with the exemption of Restore Me because I stan Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me series like whoa! Yes? Yes! I know that I promised that I’ll read one book per month (as listed here) but for now these are the fellas that I’m really eyeing from the 2018 releases!
1. Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi ∙ y’all should know that I love the Shatter Me series, despite I’m right now in the graphic novel phase, I will not pass the chance to read this additional book from the series. The more Aaron Warner the better our lives are!
2. Save the Date by Morgan Matson ∙ I really like Morgan Matson’s work Since You’ve Been Gone so I think I’ll be able to enjoy this one, too. Again I have faith!
2. You’ll Miss Me When I’m Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon ∙ I love some angsty, drama filled music theme contemporary romance! And this one based on the summary seems to fill the checkjlist quite fine. So here’s hoping I like it!
3. Love, Life, and the List by Kasie West ∙ chances if I don’t love it, I can enjoy it minimally. At least that’s the impression I have with Ms. West books. Plus I already have copy of this book (perks of being ex-book blogger) so gotta tackle this one!
4. American Panda by Gloria Chao ∙ This sound so cutesy and relevant in all the right reasons! So gotta have me some of that East Asian fun fluff!
5. Here So Far Away by Hadley Dyer∙ I already have a copy of this book and I think I’ll read it (and if I did read it self, hats off (time stamp: November 2017) because you did read the book!) Anyhoo, I like older man – younger girl trope! I loved the different level meet in the middle sort of romance story. So I’m quite intrigued with this one!