9月のライオン ～！！September came like a Lion! (did you get the reference? OK, I should’ve used it on March but it’s not too late…maybe next year?? ) I digress, as a whole, the month was pretty good. Yep, it went well. It so hard to describe the month that kinda went by too quickly. But don’t get me wrong I love me some chill month. Excitement once in blue moon, yep, but I love peaceful & ordinary days. (Also shoutout to my fave song this month LSD – Thunderclouds ft. Sia, Diplo, Labrinth hence the wrap-up title.)
I once again got sidetracked, anyhoo~ how shall I start this recap…hmmm~ Ah, I’m getting new post schedule. After pondering about it & trying to squish all my personal stuff and hobbies, I think the decision was timely. But I should be speaking about it in its appropriate heading, which is below.
Blogging in September: Time to tweak the number of posts per month lest I run out of topics.
❷ Skipping Ahead: the pros and cons of not reading everything from the start!
❸ College webtoons romance for the young adult & young at heart!!
❹ Now’s the perfect time (to stop procrastinating like a boss!)
With the way things working right now (which I totally love!! ), I think I need to prioritize what’s important and I need to make a little sacrifice with my blogging time. Ah, no my love for it didn’t decrease! I fiercely love blogging that’s why I’ve decided to cut down my normal six posts per month to four (sans recap so five in total). So I’m gonna post either Saturdays or Monday (depends on the start of month). I don’t wanna go back to my erratic posting before! It’s not really that I’m running out of topics (I’m still good until next year, yes!) but I don’t wanna go to that point. LOL So I need the buffer!
Reading List in September: Exceeding my GR challenge by 400% & drowning in webtoons feels that kind of month!
Good news everyone, I managed to exceed my Goodreads Reading challenge by 400% (so far, *fingers crossed* for more before the year wraps up) & I’m quite the proud woman here LOL I did a lot of rereading too but of course the highlight was my reading three books! But before I get carried away (for nth time) here are my read list this month:
1. Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables #1) • (Finished) I just read a book! I just read a book! I just read a book! I just read a book! I just read a book!! Yes, you read it five times, I did read a book (books actually read below) & it came to me naturally (didn’t know it’ll happen after making this post *ahem*! I just finished watching the classic anime that was airing here by a local TV network & I craved for more Anne & Gilbert. So that’s the story!
2. Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables #2) • (Finished) so I thought there was gonna be more of the OTP goodness but it was all about Teacher Anne (well there was Teacher Gilbert too but…) it wasn’t exactly what I had in mind but it was totally cool regardless. Friendship as the start of relationship was still interesting to witness.
3. Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables #3) • (Finished) But this is the icing of that marvelous cake! All the shipping wishes just came true. As they say fruit will bear for those who wait & fruits were everywhere! NGL but I was so ‘inis’ when Anne keep friend-zoning my boy Gilbert! But well, all ends that ends well so I’m not complaining anymore! But Gilbert resilience was so admirable! All the waiting! Geez~!! How could you do that to my boy!
4. 響~小説家になる方法~ (Hibiki – Shousetsuka ni Naru Houhou) • (ongoing) I’m not sure to how describe this. Like I don’t even understand why I picked it up much more read it cos it so strange and sometimes made me flinched cos that girl behaved so erratically. The Mr. Nice Guy best friend has some weird sick borderline pervert fantasy about her (but the girl knew it, she allows it even) Seriously, all I want it is manga about genius young writer and well, there is that not in the package I expected.
5. 어쩌다 발견한 7월 (How I Found It in July) • (ongoing) super love this! Kinda giving me the “W” vibe (the Korean Drama) so the girl found that she’s only a minor character from graphic novel. But knowing the truth doesn’t make it easier. I made a twitter thread (spoiler pics ahoy!) while I was catching up (which I did so easily) Super interesting! And the art??! It’s to drool for!
6. 偽りのフレイヤ (Itsuwari no Freya) • (ongoing) I would’ve chosen this as my fave but My ID is Gangnam Beauty came (and stole it) so this gonna be a runner up. I love gender bender especially in historical setting & this one had one amazing first chapter! It went with a BAAAM!! I didn’t see that tragedy coming but it did! Ah~ it’s pretty new but every chapter felt so exciting to me. I want more obviously.
7. 내 ID는 강남미인! (My ID is Gangnam Beauty) • (ongoing) FAVE OF THE MONTH HELLS YEAH! I was sleepless and groggy the next day after I caught up, but I can’t really help it! It was so, SOOOO interesting. It’s in the same alley as Cheese in the Trap that among the personal and romance angles, the psychological drama aspect is as real as you get! Plastic Surgery is an established industry in South Korea. But is beauty really only skin deep? This tackled that issue and more (and by more I mean romance *whistles*) quite magnificently.
8. 유일무이 로맨스 (One of a Kind Romance) • (ongoing) hot shot celebrity who accused our female lead as his stalker turned out the author of web novel that he loved! But the FMC is actually a huge fan of his co-actor!! All the riot that born out of this mess of relationships! It’s a very fun read!
9. 김비서가 왜 그럴까 (What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim) • (Still Reading) I’m more of a reader less watcher. So don’t talk to me about Netflix series or even local ones cos my face is full of “???” When I found out that local station is gonna air it (which I’m now watching) I went and checked it only to find out it was originally a webtoon series. So what insane webtoon reader like gotta do? Read it of course!! I really liked the art. I think VP was more serious in the webtoon but drama tend to exag actions so that is why I’m sometimes a little put off with the acting. Also officemates characters are not even in the webtoon. Nonetheless, it was pretty awesome series. I’m holding my final say to the drama though.
10. となりのメネ王子とヤンキーと！(Tonari no mene Ouji to Yankee to!) • (Still Reading) some josei slice of life series…wait it’s more like comedy romance than slice of life. It’s a love triangle (I believe it is) but with comedy angle the romance aspect is kinda like joke (well, kinda…) but weirdly enough I’m putting all my bets to the snarky yankee dude than nice prince-like guy.
Life in September: I’ve become too relax and I think I forgot to do some things! Ooops!?
- I think I really need to work that writing stuff like for real. I’ve been delaying my journal writing (like for a month now). All I do is laze around and watch some random vids after work then take a nap then check some SNS, But seriously with only three months left for 2018, I think I need to step up my game.
- My Kuya‘s birthday. It was just a simple birthday dinner at home (with this economy, we gotta be wise with spending) but it was still nice. Nothing beats good food and
annoyingcompany! LOL Next month it’s gonna be triple celebration~ *winks, winks* Birthdays here in PH, where celebrants give instead of receiving. *smirk*
- My anime is wrapping up, with Autumn just around the corner (we’re technically part of Northern Hemisphere but we only have two season hot and hotter…kidding, wet & dry) I’m excited to watch anime next season hopefully keep up to the end. Although, there are only three series that I’m interested in two being sports series and TG:re.
Looking forward to October: I don’t know about you but I’m still feeling twenty-two!
- I think I have to make it official that my birthday theme will always be 22 by Taylor Swift! Haha,
even though I’m actually decade older!Ah, birthdays! Mom, Me, and Sis-in-Law (yep, in that order) I’m so freaking ancient but let me follow the adage that age is just a number & let me surround myself with things that make me happy. Haha, anyways be happy, be happy because birthdays are something we always be grateful and I’m very thankful! Thank You God Always!
- I want to sort out things, yes journal writing is part of the list. Ack, I still can’t believe that Christmas is just around the corner so gotta hustle, hustle. I still do accept commission work but I’m very selective. Now that I think about it, I think I won’t be able to change my theme anytime soon but that’s okay I really love this one. More than one year?! Yes, and that’s an achievement.
- Also blogoversary!! I’m doing this blogging thing non-stop for eight years now! Somehow unbelievable. It’s actually quite surprising ‘cos I’m sometimes impulsive when it comes to my online pursuits haha. I do then I quit. It’s a vicious cycle of impulsiveness. But here we are *show smug look* I did prepare some posts—sort of special—sorta. ‘Cos it’s special month for my ever dearest blog. Huzzah!