It’s all thanks to Boku no Hero Academia & Bungou Stray Dogs that I can proudly say that Spring wasn’t all that boring. Sure, I cut off at least half of the titles I intended to watch which were due to these series being oh so boring & uninteresting to me. That said, the two series slayed me with too many fangirl feels, particularly Boku no Hero Academia that compensated that weary feeling I had with this season. Damn, BONES you guys slayed this series magnificently. I’m always at awe whenever I finished the week’s episode. So awesome! BASED BONES!
Boku no Hero Academia – oh man, how can I describe this series without babbling like a mad fangirl that I am. I take all I’ve said back about it being unexciting and stuff. When it comes to shonen series I really prefer to watch it than read (point proven in this case). But reading the manga for second time was an eye opener for me. I tend to blaze through pages that I sometimes skipped those little important stuff. When I decided to reread it (all thanks to that episode of Deku vs. Kacchan) I saw how amazing Horikoshi sensei’s writing (and art, don’t forget those beautiful panels, self!!!) is. It’s so well-written and even the shonen tropes are magnificently & efficiently integrated. There are so many things to love about it. It’s a very refreshing take on superheroes and the plot was just super well-written. Seriously, I can’t praise it enough! If you haven’t seen this! Then please do! And if you haven’t read it, then what are you waiting for?! Chop, chop~
Bungou Stray Dogs – another favorite! I thought by the end of the season I can easily proclaimed this one as my top favorite/pick for Spring. Nope, BnHA has done that. But don’t worry I really enjoyed this one. Helmed also by the same studio of BnHA, I am super pleased with the animation (the fight of Atsushi and Akutagawa, dudessss *finger kiss* Excellent! The thing is my favorite chapters are in the later part which I think it is safe to assume that will happen in the second season… Y/Y??!!
Nijiiro Days – Not enough Mari + Matsun, is this enough criticism? Nah, I don’t have any complains anymore. I think the anime was OK (I prefer the manga more—especially how everything feels like wrapping-up). It’s nice to watch this every Sunday to subside my chaotic fangirl feels after watching BnHA. And you already know how much of shoujo addict I am!
Sakamoto desu ga? – Although funny, I wish I didn’t read the manga prior to watching. The jokes kinda caught me off guard. I mean I still laughed hysterically but I think my enjoyment will multiply tenfold if I don’t know what will happen. That’s the appeal of Sakamoto. And I also feel bad that anime will not end at their supposed ending because of the delayed broadcast before (due to Kumamoto earthquakes). As someone will say: しょうがない
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge – Tanaka-kun is cute, funny and super lazy—but that is his charm. I needed to marathon few more episodes of it. It’s kinda funny that I didn’t find boring despite the protagonist being that—I liked how he tried so much to compromise, ahaha. It’s really cute!
Dropped/On-hold: 12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no Tokimeki, Big Order, Joker Game, Sousei no Onmyouj, Terra Formars Revenge
Sneak Peek of my 2016 Summer Line-Up!
- 91 Days – because TK of Ling Tosite Shigure will sing the OP (valid reason to try, right?) Plus, it’s about mafia & revenge!!! Sounds right up my alley!
- Amaama to Inazuma – read the manga before and I find it super cute~ So I’m gonna try watching it!
- D.Gray-man Hallow – ASAFGDSG;JK;SDGJ;DSJGDSJG’DSJSJHJFADSHGKFD *coughs* This is one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE YOU GUYS I’M SO EXCITED I’VE WAITED, & WAITED, & WAITED SOME MORE! YES THAT’S YEARS OF WAITING!!!! AND THIS IS FINALLY HAPPENING AND I CAN’T KEEP CALM! /enough said
- Fukigen na Mononokean – super love the manga (and I’m updated with it, too). So yes, I’m quite excited. I love mean some yokai and bro-friendship and some fluffy ball of creatures!
- Handa-kun – the tame version of Sakamoto! If you love Barakamon like me you’ll love this as well. Time to see how Handa became the person he is today (thanks Kawafuji for scarring this innocent boy for life).
- Hatsukoi Monster – I tried the manga, it was good. Let’s see if the anime is an improvement!
- Mob Psycho 100 – Ok, I haven’t tried the manga but damn have you see the PV? Good stuff right? I’ll try this one first and see if I’ll pick up (you know a la BnHA style~)
- Nanatsu no Taizai: Seisen no Shirushi – I’m kinda put the manga on-hold but since this will only have 4 eps, so why the hell not!
- Orange – I liked this. I liked it but I don’t find it so emotional. It’s sad but not too sad. It’s very OK. I enjoyed it. It was gripping enough to know if the character will *censored due to spoilers* Let’s see if the animation, music and voices will amp the level higher.
- ReLIFE – I loved the webcomic but I wasn’t too happy with animation. But that being said I’m excited for the music. It was announced recently that it’ll have different ending song every episode featuring artist from late 90s & early 2000s—it’s my childhood/teenhood right there! CHEMISTRY, the brilliant green, T.M. Revolution, AND, AND , AND L’Arc-en-Ciel <- totes excited!
- Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara – I CAN’T KEEP CALM AGAIN! THE AUTUMN ELECTION ALL MY BAES BATTLING IT IN THE END GOSH!!! GOSH!!! HOORAY FOR SUMMER!
All logos, trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.