I saw this from Laura of Laura Plus Books and it sounds fun answering them. (And total excuse to post something since I don’t have anything schedule today. Actually, I don’t have schedule to begin with.)
What are your top three book pet hates?
- Book Jackets
- Using popular stock photos for book covers (it can be confusing!).
- Mid-series redesign!
Describe your perfect reading spot.
- Just anywhere comfortable is fine.
Tell us three book confessions.
- I read Filipino romance books. (Not the wattpad books, ok! The Harlequin-esque types!!!)
- I have this massive unknown dislike towards The Fault in our Stars even though I haven’t read it.
- I read acknowledgement pages thoroughly.
When was the last time you cried during a book?
- I think Slammed and that was 2 years ago. But I’m reading/watching Gintama and holy macarons, it jumbled my emotions into chaos. I laugh, then cry, then laugh again. Sorachi is a very great mangaka, he sure knows what he’s doing and he’s very good at it!
How many books are on your bedside table?
- I don’t have a bedside table, but my e-readers are on my bed for easy access.
What is your favourite snack whilst your reading?
- I don’t eat while reading, maybe just a drink like iced tea or chocolate drink. But no snacks.
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
I’m naming the three books I already read and really liked.
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase.
Because of the even heights (and even thickness) and the one on the right is part our manga shelves because it highlights the WSJ big three (or used to be): One Piece, Naruto & Bleach.
Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
Escape from reality.
What is your biggest reading secret?
The first 5 chapters to me are critical. I hope to get a sample of everything by the time I reach chapter 6, meaning, I know something about the protagonist, I grasp the author’s writing style, and I get what the story would be…and if I really didn’t like the first 5 chapters I’ll stop reading.
Tagged: Anyone who like to do this. :happy: