Ah, today is Valentine’s Day, are you snuggling with someone? Gone on a date today? Well, my sister said I’m “bitter” hopeless romantic because I tend to be very cynical when it comes to real life romances. But I’m huge romance advocate… on fiction world that is. As part of my LOVE-ly post to commemorate the love month, I’ll be dishing some romance centric posts. And I’ll start now by sharing y’all my top OTPs (from my very long list).
(But Mitchii isn’t that supposed to be just one? I just love to ship! xD) So yeah, here they are: (also kinda spoilerish, k?)
Akatsuki no Yona by Kuzanagi Mizuho
- Couple: Hak & Princess Yona
- Type: the loyal knight + oblivious princess
- Canon: Big possibility; but we’re still not there. This has a slow romance!
Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
- Couple: Adrian Ivashkov & Sydney Sage
- Type: the intelligent (sometimes uptight?) girl + the careless, dashing type
- Canon: Last I read was Indigo Spell so that’s a yes!
D Gray Man by Katsura Hoshino
- Couple: Allen Walker & Lenalee Lee
- Type: the good (with bad alter ego?)/hero type + the good/heroine type
- Canon: I don’t know, the romance is the least of this story’s priority! Oh yeah, it’s in a long hiatus!
Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya
- Couple: Kyo Sohma & Tohru Honda
- Type: the outcast + “real” good girl
- Canon: Yes, AND HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SERIES, IT’LL MAKE YOU LAUGH, CRY AND ALL SORTS OF EMOTIONS!!! GAAAAH!!!
Gintama by Sorachi Hideaki
- Couple: Gintoki Sakata & Tsukuyo
- Type: the lazy, childlike samurai + kickass pretty woman!
- Canon: Dunno, I don’t think this manga’s priority is romance, but bless Sorachi for he had given as Gin-Tsu related arc! >///<
Hirunaka no Ryuusei (Daytime Shooting Star) by Yamamori Mika
- Couple: Suzume Yosano + Mamura Daiki
- Type: the cool but allergic to girls + country, happy girl
- Canon: Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! And I’m happy because we had very tough competition here!
Hachimitsu to Clover (Honey & Clover) Chica Umino
- Couple: Nomiya Takumi & Ayu Yamada
- Type: the cool type + the girl in an unrequited love
- Canon: Maybe? The ending was open-ended. But this has so many feels! He knew how much she loved the other guy. And he fell in love on the way she loved that guy. He watched her watching him. The thing is the other guy was less superior to him but he said that she loved his imperfections! Straight to the heart you guys!!!! (oh btw, this not stalker-ish ok! When they are together he merely observes…this is not the creepy Edward/Christian sort of way!!!!)
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent
- Couple: Tod Hudson and Kaylee Cavanaugh
- Type: the funny death reaper + the too heroic heroine
- Canon: Almost far-fetched but it happened!
Koi Dano Ai Dano by Tsujita Ririko
- Couple: Tsubaki Haru and Naedoko Kanoko
- Type: hopeless in love but temporarily in the friend-zone + oblivious girl (doesn’t see herself as love interest) (btw, they are best friends!)
- Canon: While it is shoujo manga, romance is progressing very slowly but steadily!
Btw, I also loved the rival, while I root for Tsubaki, my heart is on the fence for Yabuki.
How about you, do you have many OTP (s) as well? Is it a massive list as well? Please share it to me, maybe we ship the same couple and we can fangirl together!
Akatsuki no Yona © Kuzanagi Mizuho/Hakusensha; D Gray Man © Katsura Hoshino/ Shueisha; Fruits Basket © Natsuki Takaya/Hakusensha; Gintama © Sorachi Hideaki/Shueisha; Hirunaka no Ryuusei © Yamamori Mika/Shueisha; Hachmitsu to Clover © Umino Chica/Shueisha; Koi Dano Ai Dano © Ririko Tsujita/ Hakusensha
Bloodlines © Richelle Mead/Razorbill; Shatter Me © Tahereh Mafi/Harper Collins; Soul Screamers © Rachel Vincent/Harlequin