Tuesday is for top ten list! Here’s mine!
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that bloggers will answer.
And for this week’s topic:
January 08: Top Ten 2013 Reading Goals:
Image © fahid chowdhury / http://www.flickr.com/photos/fahidchowdhury/6484418547/
The topic for this week is about goals which I seriously sucked at completing. This is also my reason why I’m not making any new year’s resolution anymore. Not even once did I actually fulfill those, anyway. So I told myself, why bother? But I feel like setting up goals this year for my beloved hobby, see if I actually can do this, this year! *crosses fingers*
- Read more. RL is really hogging my time so that’s why I can’t read the books I normally read (YA, and from a book series). I only read are contemporary books because it is easy for me and my busy sched. I want to go back on those times. I sort of miss it already.
- Attend a book signing. I haven’t attended any author book signing, just like I haven’t been in an anime convention. But I promise myself to attend one this year. I saw in twitter which was confirmed by the author herself that she’s coming here in the Philippines and will hold a book signing. I decided to come, no matter what it takes. In case you’re wondering who’s the author? It’s Tahereh Mafi! The awesome woman who created Warner!
- Read books in our bookshelf. Aside from harboring lots of cheap e-books, I still have tons of books in our shelf that I haven’t even read (one example is the Harry Potter series). Will try to dust them off and flip those pages!
- Read the books that are sitting in my virtual TBR. I have to clean up my stash. And I put them on TBR for a reason, they interested me before. Now I need the motivation to finally pick them up and read.
- Try new genre/s. I usually seclude myself to young adult and new adult and sometimes adult books. But mostly are romances. I want to try something I haven’t tried before.
- Read a Filipino novel. I read a lot of Tagalog romance pocketbook when I need something light to read. But haven’t tried those thick and deep Filipino novels. Will try to read at least one this year.
- Read at least one classic novel. Not a big fan of classics but will at least try this year, especially the popular ones (e.g. Romeo and Juliet or anything by Jane Austen).
- Complete my reading challenge. From the past two years I completed and even exceeded my reading goals. I set for 100 this time and GR said, so far I’m doing a great job.
- Meet new bookworms. Pretty self-explanatory.
- Buy a new e-reader. I need a new one ASAP! Kindle, Kobo or Nook, hmmm?
How about you, what’s your 2013 Reading Goals? Share it with me by linking your blog post at the comment section below.