Brand new week means spanking new reads.
Hot of the Press is a weekly meme where I showcase books that I’m planning to read that due to be published this week. Plus, if I’m fortunate enough to have read the book and already reviewed them courtesy of the advance copies I received; I will also highlight them here. Just in case you need a little help deciding if you want to read it and want prior opinion about it. You are very much welcome to read at my
Planning to Read: May 11 – 17
- Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend (Broken Hearts & Revenge #1) by Katie Finn
- Reasonable Doubt: Volume 2 (Reasonable Doubt #2) by Whitney Gracia Williams
- Strings of the Heart (Runaway Train #3) by Katie Ashley
Read & Reviewed (ARCs & REVIEW COPIES):
- All Lined Up (Rusk University #1) by Cora Carmack – ★★★ ★ ½
- Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour – TBA
- Rebel (Reboot #2) by Amy Tintera – ★★ ★ ½
- Renegade (MILA 2.0 #2) by Debra Driza – TBA
- Sweet Filthy Boy (Wild Seasons #1) by Christina Lauren – TBA
- We Were Liars by E. Lockhart – ★ ★ ½
- Life by Committee by Corey Ann Haydu
- The Secrets of Lily Graves by Sarah Strohmeyer
Week 19 in a Nutshell:
On the Blog:
- Review: The One by Kiera Cass
- Review: Rebel by Amy Tintera
- Bite-Sized: Breakable by Tamarra Webber & Rush Too Far by Abbi Glines
- Special: In Which I Discuss the Art of Rereading
- Review: Only Everything by Keirran Scott
Some Bookish & RL Stuff:
First things first, belated HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!! I hope you guys and your mothers are enjoying this day. Go spend some quality time with your mom (I already did!).To sum up, it was very conflicting week for me. I was waiting for something bookish related but it looks like it won’t happen (I was so expecting it though). I think I will not pursue this thing anymore (or will try later, whatever, I really don’t know). Oh, well that’s life!
On good news, last Wednesday I received an email from JB of National Bookstore that they will give me signed bookmarks. I think they found what happened to me and Ms. Veronica Rossi was so awesome to give me these instead. I feel the love! Thank you once again!
I also spend so much time watching Shingeki no Kyojin (進撃の巨人) and if you follow me on twitter, I was fangirling too much with Kezia (of Chapteriosity). It’s been a long time since I watch anime (san Gintama). And it was freaking good. OMG!!! I’m so obsessed with it. I wanted to re-watch the whole damn thing again, haha. I need the next season oh so bad!!! :rock:
How was your week, guys? Any news you would like to share? Eyeing new releases, too, care to share it with me?