Tuesday is for top ten list! Here’s mine!
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that bloggers will answer.
The topic for this week is: October 8: Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders (so far)
I’ll start with the Best Series Enders
- Endure by Carrie Jones – [Review] I love how Zara matured throughout the story and well, my ship sailed so what’s not to like?
- Foretold by Jana Oliver – [Review] Finally after like 17635323455 years Beck and Riley stopped being stubborn and admitted to each other their feelings—while kicking hell spawns’ asses to boot!!
- Goliath by Scott Westerfeld – [Review] I’m just so happy for Deryn and Alek, they deserved it. I also loved how completely solid the ending and didn’t expectedly went accordingly to the events I hoped. Me loves!!!
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins – [
Review] I know some people were little underwhelmed on how Ms. Collins wrapped up her popular dystopian trilogy but on the contrary, I’m satisfied. I liked how clunky and flawed the ending. It made it grittier and deeper to me.
- The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa – [Review] He went to the ends of the world just to be with her. I mean come on, and you should be rooting for him and hoping for an HEA. And that’s what Ms. Kagawa did, triumphantly.
They weren’t exactly Worst Series Enders, it is more on the ‘unsatisfied’ kinda way.
- Boundless by Cynthia Hand – [Review] By no means this book was horrible; actually it is one of the best YA Angel books out there. I’m just bitter when my ship didn’t sail and how she concluded the romance wasn’t really satisfactory & believable (I’m saying that without biases, read my review to know more about it.).
- Reached by Ally Condie – [Review] A perfect example of a book series that started strong but regressed. Reached is ok and no means terrible but it was still so underwhelming for me.
- Reckoning by Lili St. Crow – [Review] Still so, so many questions and fans left frustrated. That’s it.
- Sever by Lauren Destefano – [Review] I’m so sad with this ending, my favorite character had a premature departure. I’m now shutting my mouth or I’ll babble endlessly.
And lastly (first four are alphabetically arranged)
- All You Desire by Keirsten Miller – [Review] This book is not terrible. It was an absolutely GREAT read but I was so sad and infuriated when I learned that this is the LAST book and the ending was freaking cliffhanger. I mean, WTF? Right? (Please agree with me, please. *pleads*)
And that’s it folks. Yes, I sort of altered the title by adding ‘so far,’ as there are few titles that are ending this year that I haven’t even read and I’m crossing my fingers that they end on my good side. So books, don’t disappoint me. :p